- Image via Wikipedia
I apologize for not posting in a while. I’ve been busy making my New Year’s Resolutions and I got huge inspiration from Alan Caruba‘s post on Tea Party Nation. He’s encouraged me to add many of his ideas to my list.
1. I resolve to do everything in my power to help defeat Obama and the Democratic Party and ensure both houses of Congress will be Republican
, the less progressive the better, and in a position to begin real change.
2. I resolve to do more to communicate, to whomever I can, that Islam is a real threat to our nation and the world. The Middle East
lies in turmoil and there is a reason, it is called jihad. This threat has been at work in our country a long time and it’s time we stopped letting it gain power.
3. I resolve to find more ways to fight for less taxes
and less spending and for a consumption tax vs. an income tax. Only 49% of Americans
currently pay income taxes
, and we wonder why our country is only going deeper in debt.
4. I resolve to fight harder to end Obamacare
and help others to stand up and fight against the requirement that Americans have to purchase anything or be penalized by fine for not doing so.
5. I resolve to do what I can to ensure older Americans, who have paid into the system can obtain their benefits, and that younger citizens have the freedom and know-how to structure their own retirement and health plans.
6. I resolve to do what I can to fight for tax credits for oil companies and the removal of environmental obstacles that keep them from building refineries in this country. Our nation owns vast reserves of coal, natural gas and oil and all of them should be unobstructed by special interest groups.
7. I resolve to help identify and fund the repair of our nation’s aging infrastructure and will be calling on our representatives to do the same. We must hold their feet to the fire on this and all issues.
8. I resolve to fight for term limits for our senators and representatives. We have to be done with our permanent political class, now and forever.
10. I resolve to do everything I can to fight for the expansion and upgrade of our military, which has been significantly reduced in size and structure and I will do all I can to fight for its clean up of gang members and thugs.
11. I resolve to do everything I can to communicate to my representatives the importance of rejecting and rescinding all legislation based on “global warming” or “climate change” as both have been proven to be either a hoax or meaningless because I am not arrogant enough to believe we have any power over God
12. I resolve to do everything in my power to battle the federal government’s continued acquisition of more of our nation’s landmass.
But, I also want to spend more time with my family and have a cleaner house, so please resolve to pray for me more this year? Thank you!